Mailing List Archive: Linux Virtual Server: Users

[lvs-users] ldirectord email alerts - DNS?

Linux Virtual Server users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

david at davidcoulson

Oct 22, 2011, 7:00 AM

[lvs-users] ldirectord email alerts - DNS?

I've a LVS implementation running about a dozen ldirectord instances,
each of which is using fwm for IPVS. Right now the alerts I get are
pretty, well, vague:

ldirectord host: rhesprodipvs01
Log-Message: Deleted real server: 10.250.52.247:80 (450)
Daemon-Status: running

Has anyone built a patch yet which puts in the config path, and perhaps
does a PTR lookup on the real server IP to make it more straight forward
to identify? Currently I am running ldirectord-3.0.7-5.el6.x86_64.

If not, I will probably do it myself and submit a patch - I can't be the
only person running a weird config like this :)

David