Mailing List Archive: Linux Virtual Server: Users

[lvs-users] LVS

Linux Virtual Server users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

giuse_it at web

Jun 8, 2010, 8:03 AM

[lvs-users] LVS

Hello at all,

I read the LVS-mini-HOWTO and implemented the described LVS-NAT.
I followed the instruction and set up the director and my two realserver
(an illustration about my network in a PDF file:
http://rapidshare.com/files/396705542/Visio-LoadBalancing.pdf.html,
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3QXKZHQ3).
My problem is, when I telnet on my client to the VIP-adress, I get the
login prompt for the realserver, but the ActiveConn counter on the
director remains null, instead the InActConn has incremented.
I've read chapter 7.8, where the problem and the solution for this is
described. It didn't really help me, so I wanted to ask you what I can
do to make it work.

Kind regards
Giuseppe

jmack at wm7d

Jun 8, 2010, 8:36 AM

Re: [lvs-users] LVS [In reply to]

On Tue, 8 Jun 2010, Giuseppe Tabbi wrote:

> My problem is, when I telnet on my client to the VIP-adress, I get the
> login prompt for the realserver, but the ActiveConn counter on the
> director remains null, instead the InActConn has incremented.
> I've read chapter 7.8, where the problem and the solution for this is
> described.

> It didn't really help me,

No-one here can help you without knowing your problem.

Read this

here's some info specific to LVS

http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.introduction.html#problem_report

Joe

graeme at graemef

Jun 8, 2010, 8:39 AM

Re: [lvs-users] LVS [In reply to]

On Tue, 2010-06-08 at 17:03 +0200, Giuseppe Tabbi wrote:
> My problem is, when I telnet on my client to the VIP-adress, I get the
> login prompt for the realserver, but the ActiveConn counter on the
> director remains null, instead the InActConn has incremented.

So... you get a prompt. What exactly is the problem?

Graeme

giuse_it at web

Jun 8, 2010, 9:33 AM

[lvs-users] LVS [In reply to]

Although the client telnet to the VIP adress and has an active
connection to one of my realservers, the output
of the director, by typing ipvsadm, shows me only inactive connections,
that's my problem.

Giuseppe

leon at linux

Jun 8, 2010, 8:41 PM

Re: [lvs-users] LVS [In reply to]

On Tue, 2010-06-08 at 18:33 +0200, Giuseppe Tabbi wrote:
> Although the client telnet to the VIP adress and has an active
> connection to one of my realservers, the output
> of the director, by typing ipvsadm, shows me only inactive connections,
> that's my problem.

That's because by the time you view the LVS table (ipvsadm -L), the
connection has already been established and terminated. Try this on the
director:

watch -n0.1 'ipvsadm -Ln'

Then telnet to the VIP again and pay close attention to the output on
the director, because the active connection will show up, albeit
briefly.

Léon

graeme at graemef

Oct 17, 2011, 12:02 PM

Re: [lvs-users] LVS [In reply to]

Zeineb Ben Makhlouf <benmakhlouf.zeineb [at] gmail> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I am a beginner. I try to install linux virtual server.
>In fact, I use three virtual machines Ubuntu on the same PC. I aim to
>install LVS on one machine and the 2 other will be considered as real
>servers.
> The virtual machines have the same IP address 10.0.2.15.
>
>The IP address of my PC is 192.168.1.65.
>
>I configured the addresses as mentioned below, but I encountered the
>following problems:
>
> - I can not access the internet from the virtual machines.
>

> - LVS does not recognize the real servers.
>
>Thanks for help.
>
>Address configuration is:
>
>*root [at] loadb:~#gedit /etc/network/interfaces*
>
>*auto lo*
>
>*iface lo inet loopback*
>
>* *
>
>*auto eth0*
>
>*iface eth0 inet static*
>
>*address 192.168.1.65*
>
>*netmask 255.255.255.0*
>
>*gateway 192.168.1.254*
>
>* *
>
>*auto eth0:0*
>
>*iface eth1 inet static*
>
>*address 192.168.1.1*
>
>*netmask 255.255.255.0 *
>
>*root [at] real:~# gedit /etc/network/interfaces*
>
>*auto lo*
>
>*iface lo inet loopback*
>
>* *
>
>*auto eth0*
>
>*iface eth0 inet static*
>
>*address 192.168.1.10*
>
>*netmask 255.255.255.0*
>
>*gateway 192.168.1.1*
>
>*root [at] real:~#gedit /etc/network/interfaces*
>
>*auto lo*
>
>*iface lo inet loopback*
>
>* *
>
>*auto eth0*
>
>*iface eth0 inet static*
>
>*address 192.168.1.20*
>
>*netmask 255.255.255.0*
>
>*gateway 192.168.1.1*

Hi

Your realservers *cannot* have the same IP address. They must be unique. They can however all be configured with the same VIP but this depends on which mode you're using.

Until you make each realserver have a unique IP address we'll be unable to help.

Graeme.

benmakhlouf.zeineb at gmail

Oct 17, 2011, 12:48 PM

Re: [lvs-users] LVS [In reply to]