Mailing List Archive: Lucene: Java-User

ReferenceManager.maybeRefreshBlocking() should not be declared throwing InterruptedException

vfunstein at gmail

Jul 20, 2012, 8:26 PM

ReferenceManager.maybeRefreshBlocking() should not be declared throwing InterruptedException

This probably belongs in the JIRA, and is related to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-4025, but
java.util.Lock.lock() doesn't throw anything. I believe the author of the
change originally meant to use lockInterruptibly() inside but forgot to
adjust the method sig after changing it back to lock().

lucene at mikemccandless

Jul 21, 2012, 4:16 AM

Re: ReferenceManager.maybeRefreshBlocking() should not be declared throwing InterruptedException [In reply to]

Thanks Vitaly.

I think you are looking at an older 4.x/5.x version? We recently
removed declaration of this (unchecked) exception... (LUCENE-4172).

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 11:26 PM, Vitaly Funstein <vfunstein [at] gmail> wrote:
> This probably belongs in the JIRA, and is related to
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-4025, but
> java.util.Lock.lock() doesn't throw anything. I believe the author of the
> change originally meant to use lockInterruptibly() inside but forgot to
> adjust the method sig after changing it back to lock().

vfunstein at gmail

Jul 21, 2012, 6:21 PM

Re: ReferenceManager.maybeRefreshBlocking() should not be declared throwing InterruptedException [In reply to]

Yeah, this is in 4.0-ALPHA. What should I updated my Maven dependency to
get the latest snapshots, instead - if that's where the fix is?

On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 4:16 AM, Michael McCandless <
lucene [at] mikemccandless> wrote:

> Thanks Vitaly.
>
> I think you are looking at an older 4.x/5.x version? We recently
> removed declaration of this (unchecked) exception... (LUCENE-4172).
>
> Mike McCandless
>
> http://blog.mikemccandless.com
>
> On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 11:26 PM, Vitaly Funstein <vfunstein [at] gmail>
> wrote:
> > This probably belongs in the JIRA, and is related to
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-4025, but
> > java.util.Lock.lock() doesn't throw anything. I believe the author of the
> > change originally meant to use lockInterruptibly() inside but forgot to
> > adjust the method sig after changing it back to lock().

sarowe at syr

Jul 21, 2012, 6:41 PM

RE: ReferenceManager.maybeRefreshBlocking() should not be declared throwing InterruptedException [In reply to]

Hi Vitaly,

Info here should help you set up snapshot dependencies:

http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/NightlyBuilds

Steve