Kind regards
Meeraj

iorixxx at yahoo

Re: Boosting numerical field [In reply to]

> Is there anyway in a query, I can boost the relevance of a
> hit based on the value of a numerical field in the index.
> i.e higher the value of the field, more relevant the hit
> is.

Yes it is possible. Like view count, popularity etc. You can use e(dismax)'s bf boosting function (additive or multiplicative.

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/ExtendedDisMax#boost_.28Boost_Function.2C_multiplicative.29

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/ExtendedDisMax#bf_.28Boost_Function.2C_additive.29

meeraj.kunnumpurath at asyska

Re: Boosting numerical field [In reply to]

Thank you

Sent from my iPad

Re: Boosting numerical field [In reply to]

Hi,

Is this available only with Solr or would it work if I am using plain
Lucene?

Regards
Meeraj

On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 9:07 AM, Ahmet Arslan <iorixxx [at] yahoo> wrote:

> > Is there anyway in a query, I can boost the relevance of a
> > hit based on the value of a numerical field in the index.
> > i.e higher the value of the field, more relevant the hit
> > is.
>
> Yes it is possible. Like view count, popularity etc. You can use
> e(dismax)'s bf boosting function (additive or multiplicative.
>

> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/ExtendedDisMax#boost_.28Boost_Function.2C_multiplicative.29
>

> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/ExtendedDisMax#bf_.28Boost_Function.2C_additive.29

uwe at thetaphi

RE: Boosting numerical field [In reply to]

You can use CustomScoreQuery with ValueSources.

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de