Mailing List Archive: Lucene: Java-User
Search Ranking

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

meeraj.kunnumpurath at asyska

Search Ranking

Hi,

I am quite new to Lucene. I am trying to use it to index listings of local
businesses. The index has only one field, that stores the attributes of a
listing as well as email addresses of users who have rated that business.

For example,

Listing 1: "XYZ Takeaway London fred [at] company barney [at] company
fred [at] company"
Listing 2: "ABC Takeaway London fred [at] company barney [at] company"

Now when the user does a search with "Takeaway fred [at] company", how do I
get listing 1 to always come before listing 2, because it has the term
fred [at] company appear twice where as listing 2 has it only once?

Regards
Meeraj