Mailing List Archive: Lucene: Java-User
Re: Lucene's internal doc ID space

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

valeri.felberg at gmail

Re: Lucene's internal doc ID space [In reply to]

> the Document IDs in Lucene are per segment. ie. they are always
> segment based.

@Simon I'm just wondering: If the document IDs are per segment how
does it work if I call Searcher.search(Query, int) and get TopDocs
referencing ScoreDocs which contain document IDs? What happens if
there are two matching documents in different segments? How does
Lucene know which segment is meant if I call Searcher.doc(docId) with
some docId from the search result?