Mailing List Archive: Lucene: Java-User
Similarity coefficient for more exact matching

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

sxamt at yahoo

Similarity coefficient for more exact matching

Hi guys,
I have a field, Anayzed, Store.No.
Suppose one Document with value inside this field "Hello".
Another one "Hello world , one, two, three, four".
Since the field is Analyzed (with norms), the "one two three four) will definitely affect the resulting rating in case we search for "Hello world" query. Does anyone know whether I can control some coefficients to determine what is the weight for exact matching vs. amount of worlds (the norm factor)?
Thanks,

Maxim