Mailing List Archive: Lucene: Java-User

Highlighter and Shingles...

dawn at digitorial

Highlighter and Shingles...

Hi,

Are there any notes on making the highlighter work consistently with a
shingle generated index?
I have a situation where complete matches highlight OK, but partial
matches do not - leading to a number of blank previews...

Our analyser look like:

TokenStream result =
new StopFilter(Version.LUCENE_36,
new ShingleFilter(
new StopFilter(Version.LUCENE_36,
new LowerCaseFilter(Version.LUCENE_36,
new StandardFilter(Version.LUCENE_36,
new
StandardTokenizer(Version.LUCENE_36, reader)
)
),
STOP_CHARS_SET)
),
STOP_WORDS_SET);

--

Rgds.
*Dawn Raison*

sarowe at syr

RE: Highlighter and Shingles... [In reply to]

Hi Dawn,

Can you give an example of a "partial match"?

Steve

Re: Highlighter and Shingles... [In reply to]

Steve,

Exactly the right question...

Prompted by your question, further investigation reveals that I need to
move the "access" part of my lucene query into a filter to prevent
non-matching documents getting scored.
In that situation of course the highlighter finds nothing to highlight -
that's what it's supposed to do.

Thanks,
Dawn

--