Mailing List Archive: Lucene: Java-User

TO Mike McCandless : ToParentBlockJoinQuery inconsistent return

jean-marc.moras at external

Mar 12, 2012, 9:57 AM

TO Mike McCandless : ToParentBlockJoinQuery inconsistent return

Dear

Bravo for your work on lucene,

A comment :

ToParentBlockJoinQuery return bad children (Children of previous adjacent block)
This happens if parent is the first of the list of document block indexed.
Add the parent at the end of the documents list (as in TestBlockJoin TestCase) solve this problem.

This is a bug or at least a important void in documentation.

Thanks and best regards.

Jean-Marc
Tel: +33 (0)559 83 60 02<tel:+33559836002>

lucene at mikemccandless

Mar 12, 2012, 4:32 PM

Re: TO Mike McCandless : ToParentBlockJoinQuery inconsistent return [In reply to]

Hi,

Actually, this is a hard requirement for BlockJoinQuery: the parent
document must always be last in the doc block; the package.html
describes this I think?

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 12:57 PM, Jean-Marc MORAS
<jean-marc.moras [at] external> wrote:
> Dear
>
> Bravo for your work on lucene,
>
> A comment :
>
> ToParentBlockJoinQuery return bad children (Children of previous adjacent block)
> This happens if parent is the first of the list of document block indexed.
> Add the parent at the end of the documents list (as in TestBlockJoin TestCase) solve this problem.
>
> This is a bug or at least a important void in documentation.
>
> Thanks and best regards.
>

> Jean-Marc
> Tel: +33 (0)559 83 60 02<tel:+33559836002>

jean-marc.moras at external

Mar 14, 2012, 2:17 AM

RE: TO Mike McCandless : ToParentBlockJoinQuery inconsistent return [In reply to]

ð Ok now I have seen the mention of that on ToParentBlockJoinQuery class java doc....

ð This java doc specify : "At search time you provide a Filter
* identifying the parents, however this Filter must provide

* an {@link FixedBitSet} per sub-reader."
How to insure/test that a built filter provide a FixedBitSet per sub-reader ? QueryWrapperFilter does respect this need ?

Best regards,

Jean-Marc
ToParentBlockJoinQuery return bad children (Children of previous adjacent block)
This happens if parent is the first of the list of document block indexed.
Add the parent at the end of the documents list (as in TestBlockJoin TestCase) solve this problem.

This is a bug or at least a important void in documentation.

Thanks and best regards.

Jean-Marc

Tel: +33 (0)559 83 60 02<tel:+33559836002>

lucene at mikemccandless

Mar 14, 2012, 3:46 AM

Re: TO Mike McCandless : ToParentBlockJoinQuery inconsistent return [In reply to]

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 5:17 AM, Jean-Marc MORAS
<jean-marc.moras [at] external> wrote:
> ð  Ok now I have seen the mention of that on  ToParentBlockJoinQuery class java doc....
>
> ð  This java doc specify : "At search time you provide a Filter
> * identifying the parents, however this Filter must provide
>
> * an {@link FixedBitSet} per sub-reader."
>                How to insure/test that a built filter provide a FixedBitSet per sub-reader ?  QueryWrapperFilter does respect this need ?

QueryWrappedFilter will not create a FixedBitSet.

The easiest way is to wrap your filter in CachingWrapperFilter.

Be sure to pass DeletesMode.IGNORE when you create the CachingWrapperFilter!

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

jean-marc.moras at external

Mar 15, 2012, 8:40 AM

ToParentBlockJoinQuery return bad children (Children of previous adjacent block)
This happens if parent is the first of the list of document block indexed.
Add the parent at the end of the documents list (as in TestBlockJoin TestCase) solve this problem.

This is a bug or at least a important void in documentation.

Thanks and best regards.

Jean-Marc

Tel: +33 (0)559 83 60 02<tel:+33559836002>

lucene at mikemccandless

Mar 15, 2012, 8:49 AM

Re: TO Mike McCandless : ToParentBlockJoinQuery inconsistent return [In reply to]

You're welcome!

Happy searching,

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 11:40 AM, Jean-Marc MORAS