Mailing List Archive: Lucene: Java-User

Return value (or lack thereof) from IndexWriter.deleteDocuments

bimargulies at gmail

Mar 4, 2012, 1:42 PM

Return value (or lack thereof) from IndexWriter.deleteDocuments

Is there a reason why this doesn't return a count? Would a JIRA
requesting same be viewed with any sympathy?

flozano at gmail

Mar 4, 2012, 1:49 PM

Re: Return value (or lack thereof) from IndexWriter.deleteDocuments [In reply to]

Today I was thinking the same with the update operation.

Is there any reason these are not provided?

Francisco A. Lozano

On Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 22:42, Benson Margulies <bimargulies [at] gmail> wrote:
> Is there a reason why this doesn't return a count? Would a JIRA
> requesting same be viewed with any sympathy?

lucene at mikemccandless

Mar 4, 2012, 1:51 PM

Re: Return value (or lack thereof) from IndexWriter.deleteDocuments [In reply to]

It's because the delete is buffered and only later applied in batch...
so we can't easily know the count.

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com