Mailing List Archive: Lucene: Java-User
comparing index fields within a query

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

jamie at stimulussoft

Jan 23, 2012, 2:33 AM

comparing index fields within a query

Hi Everyone

I have a problem where I need to compare two indexed fields as part of a
query.

For instance: modified_date[1970 to 2012] AND NOT deleted_date>modified_date

how would one implement this using Lucene?

Bear in mind, I need a dynamic way of accomplishing this comparison.

In my case, it is not possible to store the result of
deleted_date>modified_date at the time of indexing.

Thanks

Jamie