Login | Register For Free | Help
Search for: (Advanced)

Mailing List Archive: Lucene: Java-Dev

[jira] [Updated] (LUCENE-4009) Implement toString() method in TermsFilter

 

 

Lucene java-dev RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded


jira at apache

Apr 22, 2012, 2:03 AM

Post #1 of 4 (120 views)
Permalink
[jira] [Updated] (LUCENE-4009) Implement toString() method in TermsFilter

[ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-4009?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel ]

Tim Costermans updated LUCENE-4009:
-----------------------------------

Component/s: modules/other
Priority: Trivial (was: Minor)
Issue Type: Improvement (was: Bug)

> Implement toString() method in TermsFilter
> ------------------------------------------
>
> Key: LUCENE-4009
> URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-4009
> Project: Lucene - Java
> Issue Type: Improvement
> Components: modules/other
> Affects Versions: 3.5, 3.6
> Reporter: Tim Costermans
> Priority: Trivial
>
> LUCENE-1049 introduced a enhanced implementation of the toString() method in the BooleanFilter clause.
> This was an improvement, however I'm still seeing a lot Lucene filter classes not overriding the toString method resulting in a toString returning the classname and the hashcode of the object.
> This can be useful sometimes, but it's totally not useful in my case.
> I want to see the properties set in the filters so I know which Lucene query was created.
> Now:
> BooleanFilter(+BooleanFilter(BooleanFilter(+org.apache.lucene.search.TermsFilter [at] ea81ba6 +org.apache.lucene.search.TermsFilter [at] 26ea3cb) BooleanFilter(+org.apache.lucene.search.TermsFilter [at] df621f0 +org.apache.lucene.search.TermsFilter [at] 2f71244)))
> Wanted behavior:
> BooleanFilter(+BooleanFilter(BooleanFilter(+inStock:Y +barCode:12345678) BooleanFilter(+isHeavy:N +isDamaged:Y)))

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ContactAdministrators!default.jspa
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe [at] lucene
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help [at] lucene


jira at apache

Apr 22, 2012, 2:10 AM

Post #2 of 4 (120 views)
Permalink
[jira] [Updated] (LUCENE-4009) Implement toString() method in TermsFilter [In reply to]

[ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-4009?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel ]

Tim Costermans updated LUCENE-4009:
-----------------------------------

Attachment: LUCENE-4009__implemented_toString()_method_in_TermsFilter_.patch

Patch + test

> Implement toString() method in TermsFilter
> ------------------------------------------
>
> Key: LUCENE-4009
> URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-4009
> Project: Lucene - Java
> Issue Type: Improvement
> Components: modules/other
> Affects Versions: 3.5, 3.6
> Reporter: Tim Costermans
> Priority: Trivial
> Attachments: LUCENE-4009__implemented_toString()_method_in_TermsFilter_.patch
>
>
> LUCENE-1049 introduced a enhanced implementation of the toString() method in the BooleanFilter clause.
> This was an improvement, however I'm still seeing a lot Lucene filter classes not overriding the toString method resulting in a toString returning the classname and the hashcode of the object.
> This can be useful sometimes, but it's totally not useful in my case.
> I want to see the properties set in the filters so I know which Lucene query was created.
> Now:
> BooleanFilter(+BooleanFilter(BooleanFilter(+org.apache.lucene.search.TermsFilter [at] ea81ba6 +org.apache.lucene.search.TermsFilter [at] 26ea3cb) BooleanFilter(+org.apache.lucene.search.TermsFilter [at] df621f0 +org.apache.lucene.search.TermsFilter [at] 2f71244)))
> Wanted behavior:
> BooleanFilter(+BooleanFilter(BooleanFilter(+inStock:Y +barCode:12345678) BooleanFilter(+isHeavy:N +isDamaged:Y)))

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ContactAdministrators!default.jspa
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe [at] lucene
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help [at] lucene


jira at apache

Apr 22, 2012, 2:47 AM

Post #3 of 4 (116 views)
Permalink
[jira] [Updated] (LUCENE-4009) Implement toString() method in TermsFilter [In reply to]

[ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-4009?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel ]

Tim Costermans updated LUCENE-4009:
-----------------------------------

Attachment: LUCENE-4009__Improved_previous_implementation_of__toString()_method_in_TermsFilter_+_added.patch

Discard previous patch. Only import this one. Improved implementation of toString() in TermsFilter + added a test for it.

> Implement toString() method in TermsFilter
> ------------------------------------------
>
> Key: LUCENE-4009
> URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-4009
> Project: Lucene - Java
> Issue Type: Improvement
> Components: modules/other
> Affects Versions: 3.5, 3.6
> Reporter: Tim Costermans
> Priority: Trivial
> Attachments: LUCENE-4009__Improved_previous_implementation_of__toString()_method_in_TermsFilter_+_added.patch, LUCENE-4009__implemented_toString()_method_in_TermsFilter_.patch
>
>
> LUCENE-1049 introduced a enhanced implementation of the toString() method in the BooleanFilter clause.
> This was an improvement, however I'm still seeing a lot Lucene filter classes not overriding the toString method resulting in a toString returning the classname and the hashcode of the object.
> This can be useful sometimes, but it's totally not useful in my case.
> I want to see the properties set in the filters so I know which Lucene query was created.
> Now:
> BooleanFilter(+BooleanFilter(BooleanFilter(+org.apache.lucene.search.TermsFilter [at] ea81ba6 +org.apache.lucene.search.TermsFilter [at] 26ea3cb) BooleanFilter(+org.apache.lucene.search.TermsFilter [at] df621f0 +org.apache.lucene.search.TermsFilter [at] 2f71244)))
> Wanted behavior:
> BooleanFilter(+BooleanFilter(BooleanFilter(+inStock:Y +barCode:12345678) BooleanFilter(+isHeavy:N +isDamaged:Y)))

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ContactAdministrators!default.jspa
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe [at] lucene
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help [at] lucene


jira at apache

Apr 29, 2012, 9:13 PM

Post #4 of 4 (107 views)
Permalink
[jira] [Updated] (LUCENE-4009) Implement toString() method in TermsFilter [In reply to]

[ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-4009?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel ]

Chris Male updated LUCENE-4009:
-------------------------------

Attachment: LUCENE-4009.patch

Hi Tim

I've simplified the patch a little, can you check you're okay with it? If so, I'll commit.

> Implement toString() method in TermsFilter
> ------------------------------------------
>
> Key: LUCENE-4009
> URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-4009
> Project: Lucene - Java
> Issue Type: Improvement
> Components: modules/other
> Affects Versions: 3.5, 3.6
> Reporter: Tim Costermans
> Priority: Trivial
> Attachments: LUCENE-4009.patch, LUCENE-4009__Improved_previous_implementation_of__toString()_method_in_TermsFilter_+_added.patch, LUCENE-4009__implemented_toString()_method_in_TermsFilter_.patch
>
>
> LUCENE-1049 introduced a enhanced implementation of the toString() method in the BooleanFilter clause.
> This was an improvement, however I'm still seeing a lot Lucene filter classes not overriding the toString method resulting in a toString returning the classname and the hashcode of the object.
> This can be useful sometimes, but it's totally not useful in my case.
> I want to see the properties set in the filters so I know which Lucene query was created.
> Now:
> BooleanFilter(+BooleanFilter(BooleanFilter(+org.apache.lucene.search.TermsFilter [at] ea81ba6 +org.apache.lucene.search.TermsFilter [at] 26ea3cb) BooleanFilter(+org.apache.lucene.search.TermsFilter [at] df621f0 +org.apache.lucene.search.TermsFilter [at] 2f71244)))
> Wanted behavior:
> BooleanFilter(+BooleanFilter(BooleanFilter(+inStock:Y +barCode:12345678) BooleanFilter(+isHeavy:N +isDamaged:Y)))

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ContactAdministrators!default.jspa
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe [at] lucene
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help [at] lucene

Lucene java-dev RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded
 
 


Interested in having your list archived? Contact Gossamer Threads
 
  Web Applications & Managed Hosting Powered by Gossamer Threads Inc.