rmuir at apache
Aug 14, 2012, 4:37 AM
Post #1 of 1
14 August 2012, Apache Solr™ 4.0-beta available
[ANNOUNCE] Apache Solr 4.0-beta released.
The Lucene PMC is pleased to announce the release of Apache Solr 4.0-beta.
Solr is the popular, blazing fast, open source NoSQL search platform from
the Apache Lucene project. Its major features include powerful full-text
search, hit highlighting, faceted search, dynamic clustering, database
integration, rich document (e.g., Word, PDF) handling, and geospatial search.
Solr is highly scalable, providing fault tolerant distributed search
and powers the search and navigation features of many of the world's
largest internet sites.
Solr 4.0-beta is available for immediate download at:
See the CHANGES.txt file included with the release for a full list of
Highlights of changes since 4.0-alpha:
* Added a Collection management API for Solr Cloud.
* Solr Admin UI now clearly displays failures related to
* Updatable documents can create a document if it doesn't already exist,
or you can force that the document must already exist.
* Full delete-by-query support for Solr Cloud.
* Default to NRTCachingDirectory for improved near-realtime performance.
* Improved Solrj client performance with Solr Cloud: updates are
only sent to leaders by default.
* Various other API changes, optimizations and bug fixes.
This is a beta for early adopters. The guarantee for this beta release
is that the index
format will be the 4.0 index format, supported through the 5.x series
of Lucene/Solr, unless there
is a critical bug (e.g. that would cause index corruption) that would
Please report any feedback to the mailing lists