Mailing List Archive: Lucene: General

Is query-time Join actually in Lucene 3.6?

Lucene general RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

homernabble at gmail

Aug 7, 2012, 8:41 AM

Is query-time Join actually in Lucene 3.6?

This page states "New query-time joining is more flexible (but less
performant) than
index-time joins."

https://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/Lucene3.6

However, I download Lucene 3.6.0 (and 3.6.1) and there is no mention of
query-time join in the CHANGES.TXT.

Also, I see no binaries for org.apache.lucene.search.join - though the API
doc in the same download contains information about this package:
lucene-3.6.0/docs/api/all/org/apache/lucene/search/join/package-frame.html

Could someone please let me know what the story is with query time joins?

Thanks!

lucene at mikemccandless

Aug 7, 2012, 10:17 AM

Re: Is query-time Join actually in Lucene 3.6? [In reply to]

Query-time join lives under Lucene's contrib/join in 3.6:
http://lucene.apache.org/core/3_6_1/lucene-contrib/index.html#join

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com