Mailing List Archive: Lucene: General

Is it possible to Lucene with a database managed by external application ?

Lucene general RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

ykrapiva at gmail

Is it possible to Lucene with a database managed by external application ?

Hi everybody,

I've just started reading about Lucene and thinking whether I can use it
in my case.
My case is that the database content I want to provide the search
capability for is managed (new entries added / removed / edited) by
other application (written in PHP).

Am I right in thinking that to get the best with Lucene I have to
regulary update indexes, i.e. make a full database indexing ?

Thanks.

lucene at mikemccandless

Re: Is it possible to Lucene with a database managed by external application ? [In reply to]

That should be fine.

You just have to separately pull the added/updated rows from the DB
and index them into your Lucene index.

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com