Mailing List Archive: Lucene: General

what will be the facet query for the sql query

Lucene general RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

ahmedjamalmaaz at yahoo

Dec 16, 2011, 2:48 AM

what will be the facet query for the sql query

Hi

everyone what will be the facet query

for a table like table1

a b
------------------
1 25
1 63
2 15
23 0
3 0

if run an sql query like "select b from table1 where a=1 ", this will return
25,63 .

how i can do this with facet.

Please help

Thanks in advance
jamal

hossman_lucene at fucit

Dec 30, 2011, 1:36 PM

Re: what will be the facet query for the sql query [In reply to]

: Subject: what will be the facet query for the sql query

your question doesn't really seem to make sense, largely because you've
given us a really trivial hypothetical example of a SQL query, and asked
how to do it with faceting, but you haven't explained anything baout how
your (hypothetical) Solr/Lucene index is organized to model this
(hypothetical) data.

Off the cuff, if each row in this table is a document, you don't need
faceting, you just need to like q=a:1 and you will back both rows
containing 25, and 63.

If this isn't the type of answer you are looking for, please ask a more
detailed question.

I would also suggest you ask it on a more targeted list: if you are
using solr, ask on the solr-user [at] lucen list. if you are using lucene
directly via the low level java classes, please ask on the
java-user [at] lucen list.

-Hoss

serera at gmail

Dec 30, 2011, 8:26 PM

Re: what will be the facet query for the sql query [In reply to]

For the record, I've tried to answer his question a couple of times to this
mailing list, but kept receiving "rejections" cause the mail server thought
my response was spam. I gave up and answered him privately. This is the
second time that it happens to me -- I try to answer emails related to
Lucene facets module, and the mail server thinks they are spam messages
because they contain some words (which I cannot repeat, otherwise this
message will be considered spam too).

Shai

On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 11:36 PM, Chris Hostetter
<hossman_lucene [at] fucit>wrote:

> : Subject: what will be the facet query for the sql query
>
> your question doesn't really seem to make sense, largely because you've
> given us a really trivial hypothetical example of a SQL query, and asked
> how to do it with faceting, but you haven't explained anything baout how
> your (hypothetical) Solr/Lucene index is organized to model this
> (hypothetical) data.
>
> Off the cuff, if each row in this table is a document, you don't need
> faceting, you just need to like q=a:1 and you will back both rows
> containing 25, and 63.
>
> If this isn't the type of answer you are looking for, please ask a more
> detailed question.
>
> I would also suggest you ask it on a more targeted list: if you are
> using solr, ask on the solr-user [at] lucen list. if you are using lucene
> directly via the low level java classes, please ask on the
> java-user [at] lucen list.
>

> -Hoss

hossman_lucene at fucit

Jan 3, 2012, 12:10 PM

Re: what will be the facet query for the sql query [In reply to]

:
: For the record, I've tried to answer his question a couple of times to this
: mailing list, but kept receiving "rejections" cause the mail server thought
: my response was spam. I gave up and answered him privately. This is the
: second time that it happens to me -- I try to answer emails related to
: Lucene facets module, and the mail server thinks they are spam messages
: because they contain some words (which I cannot repeat, otherwise this
: message will be considered spam too).

Shai: the only complaints i've ever seen regarding messages rejected as
spam have related to messages that are either multipart, or single part
using an html based content type, or contain malformed mail headers. I
don't rememebr any reports that specific words would trigger automatic
spam rejection.

If you've narrowed this down to concrete examples, PLEASE file a Jira with
the INFRA team...

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA

...if there is keyword based spam filtering preventing legitimate messages
from getting through we should get those keywords re-evaluated.

-Hoss

serera at gmail

Jan 4, 2012, 1:59 AM

Re: what will be the facet query for the sql query [In reply to]

Thanks Chris, I just filed a bug report.

Shai

On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 10:10 PM, Chris Hostetter
<hossman_lucene [at] fucit>wrote:

> :
> : For the record, I've tried to answer his question a couple of times to
> this
> : mailing list, but kept receiving "rejections" cause the mail server
> thought
> : my response was spam. I gave up and answered him privately. This is the
> : second time that it happens to me -- I try to answer emails related to
> : Lucene facets module, and the mail server thinks they are spam messages
> : because they contain some words (which I cannot repeat, otherwise this
> : message will be considered spam too).
>
> Shai: the only complaints i've ever seen regarding messages rejected as
> spam have related to messages that are either multipart, or single part
> using an html based content type, or contain malformed mail headers. I
> don't rememebr any reports that specific words would trigger automatic
> spam rejection.
>
> If you've narrowed this down to concrete examples, PLEASE file a Jira with
> the INFRA team...
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA
>
> ...if there is keyword based spam filtering preventing legitimate messages
> from getting through we should get those keywords re-evaluated.
>

> -Hoss

serera at gmail

Jan 9, 2012, 11:05 PM

Re: what will be the facet query for the sql query [In reply to]

Well, I filed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-4279, but their
answer is useless. They suggest I stop sending messages in HTML format to
the list, which is ridiculous because I've always sent emails in HTML
format to the Lucene lists and never encountered this issue.