Mailing List Archive: Lucene: General

[Report] Apache Lucene

Lucene general RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

simonw at apache

Dec 13, 2011, 2:15 AM

[Report] Apache Lucene

=== Lucene Status Report: December 2011 ===

TLP

Trademarks:
We have not made progress on trademarks since the last board report, but
do intend to finish the necessary pieces.

* Project Naming And Descriptions :
We believe this is complete, but are still reviewing.
* Website Navigation Links : navbar links included, link to
www.apache.org included.
Likely complete, but under review.
* Trademark Attributions : attribution for all ASF marks included in
footers, etc.
The main TLP site is converted, subproject sites have not.
* Logos and Graphics : include TM, use consistent product logo on your
site In progress. Some have been converted to have TM, some not.
We don't seem to have ready volunteers on the graphical front,
so it is slower than we'd like
* Project Metadata : DOAP file checkedin and up to date
Done
* Once we finish migrating to the new CMS based Website trademarks
need to be re-evaluated.

LUCENE JAVA/Solr

Lucene Java is a search-engine toolkit and Solr is a search server
built on top of Lucene. The community is very active. The community
has made significant progress on cutting over to the Apache CMS.
The community has recently released Lucene & Solr 3.5.

Open Relevance Project

The Open Relevance Project is a project aimed at providing Lucene
and others tools for judging the quality of search and machine
learning approaches. The community is not very active, but
we don't expect it to be very high volume either as it is a niche
area.

PyLucene

PyLucene is a Python integration of Lucene Java. Development is
almost entirely an automated port, so this project will never
require a lot of developers. The community is active and is working
towards a PyLucene 3.5 release.

PyLucene 3.4.0 was released on September 19th.
PyLucene 3.5.0 should be released shortly, the release vote is pending.

Lucene general RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded