Mailing List Archive: Lucene: General
multiple indexwriters and frequently changing documents

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

andrew_nuss at yahoo

Jul 28, 2011, 8:20 AM

multiple indexwriters and frequently changing documents

Hi,

I have the need to search smallish and frequently added, deleted, changing
"documents" which are my big document annotations. Do I need to use
multiple IndexWriter singletons from a pool? What is the cost of commit?
I.e. how often do I commit? I assume that I need to batch adds/deletes over
windows of time. Is it ok to still use one IndexReader? What is the cost of
reopening an IndexReader?

Andy