Mailing List Archive: Lucene: c-dev

Lucene Dynamic http Web Page Search

Lucene c-dev RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

clive.lancaster at bestwestern

Jun 29, 2006, 8:05 AM

Lucene Dynamic http Web Page Search

Hi,

I am working on adding a search feature to a web site that uses single
database driven aspx pages and would like to know if Lucene can search using
the http url address or database to index from.
As current I can only see Lucene being able to search physical files in a
windows folder.

Any ideas?

Sent from the Lucene - C Developer forum at Nabble.com.

rooneg at electricjellyfish

Jun 29, 2006, 8:34 AM

Re: Lucene Dynamic http Web Page Search [In reply to]

On 6/29/06, Clive. <clive.lancaster [at] bestwestern> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am working on adding a search feature to a web site that uses single
> database driven aspx pages and would like to know if Lucene can search using
> the http url address or database to index from.
> As current I can only see Lucene being able to search physical files in a
> windows folder.

This mail should probably be sent to a different lucene mailing list.
This is a list associated with a (stalled) attempt to port Lucene to
C. You probably want a general Lucene mailing list.

-garrett

tarchambault at bangordailynews

Jun 29, 2006, 8:58 AM

Re: Lucene Dynamic http Web Page Search [In reply to]

Yes,

I inject database files into a Lucene index every day using Cold Fusion. If
it can be done with CF it can be done with .NET.

On 6/29/06, Clive. <clive.lancaster [at] bestwestern> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am working on adding a search feature to a web site that uses single
> database driven aspx pages and would like to know if Lucene can search
> using
> the http url address or database to index from.
> As current I can only see Lucene being able to search physical files in a
> windows folder.
>
> Any ideas?

> Sent from the Lucene - C Developer forum at Nabble.com.

clive.lancaster at bestwestern

Jun 29, 2006, 9:11 AM

Re: Lucene Dynamic http Web Page Search [In reply to]

Thanks for that I have managed to fined Lucene4DB
http://www.netomatix.com/Products/DocumentManagement/Lucene4DB.aspx that may
do the job.
Sent from the Lucene - C Developer forum at Nabble.com.

tarchambault at bangordailynews

Jun 30, 2006, 10:03 AM

Re: Lucene Dynamic http Web Page Search [In reply to]

You may want to check this out as well:
http://incubator.apache.org/solr/