Mailing List Archive: Lucene: c-dev
Starting from scratch

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

aces4me at yahoo

Jul 26, 2005, 1:04 PM

Starting from scratch

I've tried so many permutations that I decided to
start again from scratch building a mod_mbox/lucene4c
development environment.

new httpd ver 2.0.54 (built with the apr that comes
with the tarball)

new apr ver 1.1.1 (built w
--enable-experimental-libtool)

new apr-util 1.1.2

new version of mod_mbox (which seems to work when
tested)

now I try to build the gcj-backend branch of lucene4c
with my apr version 1.1.1 and I get this error
message.

Can not find suitable object file for
src/util/exception.lo
make[1]: *** [src/util/exception.lo] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/myth/steve/lucene4c'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I know I have build lucene4c without error in the past
(mod_mbox wouldn't build against it but lucene4c built
without error). What the heck am I doing wrong?

Sept 1 is coming up fast and I have yet to get a
working environment built that I can test any changes in.