Mailing List Archive: Linux-HA: Users
Antw: Re: HA samba?

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

Ulrich.Windl at rz

Antw: Re: HA samba?

<CAEDLWG0eas2g9nnOYbLuszNHNq7TCYvX4vfrFT0op485qV4WdA [at] mail>:
> On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 8:38 AM, Serge Dubrouski <sergeyfd [at] gmail> wrote:

> >> I see how that will get all the locking and user data and that should be
> >> easy enough to configure. But I'm also doing ADS integration instead of
> >> winbind, and that also seems to be a problem as only one node can be
> >> joined to the AD at a time, even with a shared IP. Any suggestions for
> >> that?
> >>

> > Currently there is no official RA for smbd and nmbd daemons.
>
> Really? I thought tim had one. He was heavily into samba at one point.

Hi!

I guess the problem is with the Samba configuration (and "database") files: The LSB scripts use the usual paths. You could use symlinks to redirect those files, but that's not nice to manage. You could write a modified LSB script, or you could use CTDB. I preferred that last solution. Did I miss something important?

Regards,
Ulrich