Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 09:52:06 +0200
From: Nikita Michalko <michalko.system [at] a-i-p>
Subject: Re: [Linux-HA] Problem with stonith RA using external/ipmi
over lan or lanplus interface
To: "General Linux-HA mailing list" <linux-ha [at] lists>

Hi,

> When I tried ipmitool -I lan -U root -H ip -a chassis power cycle. It did not
work but it worked with -I open interface.
-> it can't work without IP-adr. (ip=?)

You must first configure the ipmi( iLO 3) card with ipmitool, e.g.:
ipmitool lan print
ipmitool lan set 1 ipaddr 10.10.40.48
ipmitool lan set 1 netmask 255.255.255.0
ipmitool lan set 1 defgw ipaddr 10.10.40.1
ipmitool lan set 1 auth ADMIN PASSWORD
ipmitool lan set 1 user

... etc -> man ipmitool is your friend ;-)

> What should I do to enable lan/lanplus on SUSE 11?

Nikita Michalko

End of Linux-HA Digest, Vol 101, Issue 13

michalko.system at a-i-p

Re: Problem with stonith RA using external/ipmi over lan/lanplus interface [In reply to]

Glad to hear it - HTH!

Nikita Michalko