Mailing List Archive: Linux-HA: Users

question regarding KVM in HA

Linux-HA users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

Cristina.Bulfon at roma1

question regarding KVM in HA

Ciao,

We have a RH Cluster Suite to manage virtual machines with CLVM.
A single virtual machine is on a logical volume and all machines that
belong to
a cluster can see it.
I am wondering if is it possible to have the same with pacemaker ?
If yes what kind of software do I have to use it other than pacemaker ?

Thanks in advance

cristina

seligman at nevis

Re: question regarding KVM in HA [In reply to]

On 4/10/12 11:43 AM, Cristina Bulfon wrote:

> We have a RH Cluster Suite to manage virtual machines with CLVM.
> A single virtual machine is on a logical volume and all machines that
> belong to
> a cluster can see it.
> I am wondering if is it possible to have the same with pacemaker ?
> If yes what kind of software do I have to use it other than pacemaker ?

The references I used to set this up are "Clusters From Scratch", especially the
chapter on Active/Active:

<http://www.clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1/html/Clusters_from_Scratch/ch08.html>

with some assistance from:

<https://alteeve.com/w/2-Node_Red_Hat_KVM_Cluster_Tutorial>

Basically, to use pacemaker with clvm you'll have to use cman, so you don't
entirely give up RHCS.

I'm in the process of validating a cluster like this now. It may help to look at
some of the threads I started in this forum to see the challenges I faced,
mainly because I'm a slow learner:

<http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/linuxha/users/78691>
<http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/linuxha/users/78469>
--
Bill Seligman | Phone: (914) 591-2823
Nevis Labs, Columbia Univ | mailto://seligman [at] nevis

Cristina.Bulfon at roma1

Re: question regarding KVM in HA [In reply to]

William,

thanks for the answer and really sorry if I replied to only today, I
will take a look.

cristina