Mailing List Archive: Linux-HA: Users
eDir88 Docs

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

tedmonds at ptcats

Mar 30, 2012, 10:08 AM

eDir88 Docs

Hi,

Just wanted to ask how to contribute some info to the project. I built
a Novell/NetIQ IDM Cluster using the eDir88 OCF script and found an
issue with IDM Monitoring. I have not verified any of my suppositions
with Novell, but it appears there are some constraints around the IDM
Monitoring feature in the script.

The eDir88 scripts use the presence/absence of the vrdim module to
detect when IDM is or is not loaded. One thing I found was that it
does not appear to be enough that you have installed IDM and built a
driver set, but you must have a working driver as well. I installed
IDM and created a driver set, then turned on IDM monitoring and the
eDirectory resource kept failing. It appears that vrdim does not load
until there exists a driver in the driver set. Since the eDirectory
resource kept crashing, I was not able to create one until I
discovered that and turned off IDM Monitoring. Once I built a driver,
I could see that vrdim was being loaded whenever eDirectory was
started. Turning on the IDM monitoring at this point was successful
and the eDirectory resource then worked as planned.

--
Tim Edmonds
PTCats LLC