Mailing List Archive: Linux-HA: Users

Q: OCFS on Dual-Primary DRBD: "Wrong medium type"

Linux-HA users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

Ulrich.Windl at rz

Dec 9, 2011, 4:56 AM

Q: OCFS on Dual-Primary DRBD: "Wrong medium type"

Hi!

I have configured a Dual-Primary DRBD as "disk" for OCFS. Occasionally the Filesystem RA reports a "Wrong medium type":
Dec 7 16:44:46 h02 lrmd: [10930]: info: RA output: (prm_ocfs_fs_samba:1:start:stderr) /dev/drbd_r0: Wrong medium type

What could be the reasons for that? (The problem occurred when the other node of the cluster had killed itself, and the cluster tried to recover from "unclean" state)

Regards,
Ulrich

florian at hastexo

Dec 9, 2011, 5:00 AM

Re: Q: OCFS on Dual-Primary DRBD: "Wrong medium type" [In reply to]

On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 1:56 PM, Ulrich Windl
<Ulrich.Windl [at] rz> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have configured a Dual-Primary DRBD as "disk" for OCFS. Occasionally the Filesystem RA reports a "Wrong medium type":
> Dec  7 16:44:46 h02 lrmd: [10930]: info: RA output: (prm_ocfs_fs_samba:1:start:stderr) /dev/drbd_r0: Wrong medium type
>
> What could be the reasons for that? (The problem occurred when the other node of the cluster had killed itself, and the cluster tried to recover from "unclean" state)

Most likely, the Filesystem is trying to mount your DRBD while it's in
the Secondary role. Usually caused an incorrect or missing order or
colo constraint between Filesystem and drbd.

And, please, if that is indeed the case: no lecture on DRBD doing or
reporting the wrong thing here. It's not.

Cheers,
Florian

--
Need help with High Availability?
http://www.hastexo.com/now

florian at hastexo

Dec 9, 2011, 5:02 AM

Re: Q: OCFS on Dual-Primary DRBD: "Wrong medium type" [In reply to]

On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 2:00 PM, Florian Haas <florian [at] hastexo> wrote:
>> What could be the reasons for that? (The problem occurred when the other node of the cluster had killed itself, and the cluster tried to recover from "unclean" state)
>
> Most likely, the Filesystem is trying to mount your DRBD while it's in
> the Secondary role. Usually caused an incorrect or missing order or
> colo constraint between Filesystem and drbd.

Apologies for the confusing omission. I meant to say "Usually caused
_by_ an incorrect...."

Cheers,
Florian