Mailing List Archive: Linux-HA: Users

partial recovery - odd status - help

Linux-HA users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

mfidelman at meetinghouse

Oct 29, 2011, 5:35 PM

partial recovery - odd status - help

Hi,

I have a basic 2-node HA cluster - Xen over DRBD, pacemaker, etc.

I've seen this happen several times:
- reboot a node: VM goes down on one node, fails over to the other node
cleanly
- restart the primary node: VM moves back to the primary node
---- image on the secondary node seems to be shut down (xm console messages)
---- crm status shows the VM started on the primary node
---- I can log in just fine, all seems to be working
BUT.....
---- drbd shows the disks to be in primary/primary status
---- xm list shows the VM still active on the secondary node

So....

- what's going on?
- how do I complete the shut down and transition to primary/secondary
DRBD status

Thanks very much,

Miles Fidelman

In<fnord> practice, there is. .... Yogi Berra

andrew at beekhof

Nov 1, 2011, 3:31 AM

Re: partial recovery - odd status - help [In reply to]

On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 11:35 AM, Miles Fidelman
<mfidelman [at] meetinghouse> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a basic 2-node HA cluster - Xen over DRBD, pacemaker, etc.
>
> I've seen this happen several times:
> - reboot a node: VM goes down on one node, fails over to the other node
> cleanly
> - restart the primary node: VM moves back to the primary node
> ---- image on the secondary node seems to be shut down (xm console messages)
> ---- crm status shows the VM started on the primary node
> ---- I can log in just fine, all seems to be working
> BUT.....
> ---- drbd shows the disks to be in primary/primary status
> ---- xm list shows the VM still active on the secondary node
>
> So....
>
> - what's going on?

No idea. Descriptions aren't a good substitute for logs.