Mailing List Archive: Linux-HA: Users

Coda file system

Linux-HA users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

mdonald at sofresimr

Jul 16, 1998, 6:44 PM

Coda file system

Hi,

I've just read an interesting article on the Coda file system in the
Linux Journal. It supports logging and recovery. It also copes with
network and server failure.

Has anyone looked at using Coda as a high-availability file system?

cheers Matthew

josh at ai

Jul 17, 1998, 11:22 AM

Coda file system [In reply to]

I agree that this looks very good- can someone shed some light on reasons
why this would NOT be a good filesystem to use?

Unexamined faith is ignorance.
Bye
Josh

On Fri, 17 Jul 1998, Matthew Donald wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just read an interesting article on the Coda file system in the
> Linux Journal. It supports logging and recovery. It also copes with
> network and server failure.
>
> Has anyone looked at using Coda as a high-availability file system?
>
> cheers Matthew

root at yekta

Jul 17, 1998, 11:31 PM

Coda file system [In reply to]

Dear Matthew,

Hi,

For more information about Coda fs, you can see
www.coda.cs.cmu.edu, at this URL there is some useful
things about Coda fs.

--Thanks
--Bagheri