Mailing List Archive: Linux-HA: Pacemaker

Finer control over when email is sent?

Linux-HA pacemaker RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

peter at mixpanel

Jun 5, 2012, 3:37 PM

Finer control over when email is sent?

Hi,

We are using pacemaker 1.0.8 and heartbeat 3.0.3 on ubuntu 10.04. We are
currently sending mail from crm_mon as follows:

crm_mon --daemonize --mail-to foo [at] mixpanel --mail-host localhost:25

My question is: is it possible to exert finer control over which emails are
actually sent?

For example, we have ping resources that are checking the health of various
network interfaces. Right now, we are receiving emails for start, monitor,
and stop events for these resources, but we don't want these emails. We
just want emails relating to failures, and just to start and stop events on
our IP addresses?

I checked the documentation and man pages and didn't see anything
immediate, but I wanted to make sure I hadn't overlooked any options.

Thanks,
-Peter

peter at mixpanel

Jun 5, 2012, 4:08 PM

Re: Finer control over when email is sent? [In reply to]

Looking at the source, it seems like the assumption is to just wire up an
external program to do the notifications for you, that way you can send
whatever you do or don't want.

Thanks,
-Peter

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 3:37 PM, Peter Skirko <peter [at] mixpanel> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are using pacemaker 1.0.8 and heartbeat 3.0.3 on ubuntu 10.04. We are
> currently sending mail from crm_mon as follows:
>
> crm_mon --daemonize --mail-to foo [at] mixpanel --mail-host localhost:25
>
> My question is: is it possible to exert finer control over which emails
> are actually sent?
>
> For example, we have ping resources that are checking the health of
> various network interfaces. Right now, we are receiving emails for start,
> monitor, and stop events for these resources, but we don't want these
> emails. We just want emails relating to failures, and just to start and
> stop events on our IP addresses?
>
> I checked the documentation and man pages and didn't see anything
> immediate, but I wanted to make sure I hadn't overlooked any options.
>
> Thanks,
> -Peter

lars.ellenberg at linbit

Jun 8, 2012, 2:37 PM

Re: Finer control over when email is sent? [In reply to]

On Tue, Jun 05, 2012 at 04:08:02PM -0700, Peter Skirko wrote:
> Looking at the source, it seems like the assumption is to just wire up an
> external program to do the notifications for you, that way you can send
> whatever you do or don't want.
>
> Thanks,
> -Peter
>
> On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 3:37 PM, Peter Skirko <peter [at] mixpanel> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > We are using pacemaker 1.0.8 and heartbeat 3.0.3 on ubuntu 10.04. We are

Just for information:
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-ha-maintainers/+archive/ppa
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-ha-maintainers/ppa/ubuntu lucid main

--
: Lars Ellenberg

Bugs: http://bugs.clusterlabs.org

andrew at beekhof

Jun 11, 2012, 4:43 PM

Re: Finer control over when email is sent? [In reply to]

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 9:08 AM, Peter Skirko <peter [at] mixpanel> wrote:
> Looking at the source, it seems like the assumption is to just wire up an
> external program to do the notifications for you, that way you can send
> whatever you do or don't want.

Basically.
We might include some filtering capabilities in the future, but there
is not a lot of bandwidth to work on it at the moment.