Mailing List Archive: Linux-HA: Pacemaker

Re: Announce: pcs / pcs-gui (Pacemaker/Corosync Configuration System)

Linux-HA pacemaker RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

dejanmm at fastmail

Jun 4, 2012, 10:38 AM

Re: Announce: pcs / pcs-gui (Pacemaker/Corosync Configuration System)

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 04, 2012 at 11:21:57AM +1000, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 2, 2012 at 12:56 AM, Florian Haas <florian [at] hastexo> wrote:
[...]

Since Lars MB already replied to most of in between...

> > Assuming that this effort means you're planning to kick the existing
> > crm shell out of Fedora, I think that's a really really bad idea.
>
> Actually since its not part of Pacemaker anymore*, someone would need
> to sponsor it through Fedora's new package process.
> Anyone is welcome to become a packager and do so.
>
> * at the shell author Dejan's request, for those that haven't been
> following along

Indeed, it was my request, but you conveniently forget to
also mention that there was basically no way forward for me to
continue developing it had the shell remained in Pacemaker.
Just like then, I still think that the shell living outside of
Pacemaker is not only making it more difficult for everybody,
but rather silly too.

Thanks,

Dejan

Bugs: http://bugs.clusterlabs.org

andrew at beekhof

Jun 4, 2012, 2:57 PM

Re: Announce: pcs / pcs-gui (Pacemaker/Corosync Configuration System) [In reply to]

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 3:38 AM, Dejan Muhamedagic <dejanmm [at] fastmail> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Jun 04, 2012 at 11:21:57AM +1000, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
>> On Sat, Jun 2, 2012 at 12:56 AM, Florian Haas <florian [at] hastexo> wrote:
> [...]
>
> Since Lars MB already replied to most of in between...
>
>> > Assuming that this effort means you're planning to kick the existing
>> > crm shell out of Fedora, I think that's a really really bad idea.
>>
>> Actually since its not part of Pacemaker anymore*, someone would need
>> to sponsor it through Fedora's new package process.
>> Anyone is welcome to become a packager and do so.
>>
>> * at the shell author Dejan's request, for those that haven't been
>> following along
>
> Indeed, it was my request, but you conveniently forget to
> also mention that there was basically no way forward for me to
> continue developing it had the shell remained in Pacemaker.

You created that situation for yourself.