Login | Register For Free | Help
Search for: (Advanced)

Mailing List Archive: Linux-HA: Pacemaker

pacemaker with corosync on Fedora

 

 

Linux-HA pacemaker RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded


lgr at elgonzo

May 30, 2012, 10:07 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1222 views)
Permalink
pacemaker with corosync on Fedora

Hi there,


im trying to setup a cluster on  fedora17

corosync-2.0.0-1.fc17.i686
pacemaker-1.1.7-2.fc17.i686

as i understand pacemaker packages are built without heartbeat

[root [at] lgr-fed17- ~]# pacemakerd --features
Pacemaker 1.1.7-2.fc17 (Build: ee0730e13d124c3d58f00016c3376a1de5323cff)
Supporting: generated-manpages agent-manpages ascii-docs
publican-docs ncurses libqb-logging corosync-native


however, when i start pacemaker i get an error:

May 25 12:14:08 [22708] lgr-fed17-1 crmd: notice:
init_quorum_connection: Quorum acquired
May 25 12:14:08 [22708] lgr-fed17-1 crmd: info:
do_ha_control: Connected to the cluster
May 25 12:14:08 [22708] lgr-fed17-1 crmd: info: do_started:
Delaying start, no membership data (0000000000100000)
May 25 12:14:08 [22708] lgr-fed17-1 crmd: notice:
crmd_peer_update: Status update: Client lgr-fed17-1/crmd now has
status [online] (DC=<null>)
May 25 12:14:08 [22708] lgr-fed17-1 crmd: info:
pcmk_quorum_notification: Membership 0: quorum retained (0)
May 25 12:14:08 [22708] lgr-fed17-1 crmd: error:
check_dead_member: We're not part of the cluster anymore
May 25 12:14:08 [22708] lgr-fed17-1 crmd: error: do_log:
FSA: Input I_ERROR from check_dead_member() received in state
S_STARTING
May 25 12:14:08 [22708] lgr-fed17-1 crmd: notice:
do_state_transition: State transition S_STARTING -> S_RECOVERY [
input=I_ERROR cause=C_FSA_INTERNAL origin=check_dead_member ]
May 25 12:14:08 [22708] lgr-fed17-1 crmd: error: do_recover:
Action A_RECOVER (0000000001000000) not supported
May 25 12:14:08 [22708] lgr-fed17-1 crmd: error: do_started:
Start cancelled... S_RECOVERY


i found in the list-archives, that "Action A_RECOVER
(0000000001000000) not supported" is related to heartbeat

http://oss.clusterlabs.org/pipermail/pacemaker/2011-August/011289.html

but how can i configure pacemaker to work with corosync and not with heartbeat?


Or am i missing something completely?


corosync.conf:

totem {
version: 2

crypto_cipher: none
crypto_hash: none

interface {
ringnumber: 0
bindnetaddr: 10.1.1.23
mcastaddr: 226.94.1.1
mcastport: 4000
ttl: 1
}
}


service.d/pacemaker

{
# Load the Pacemaker Cluster Resource Manager
name: pacemaker
ver: 1
}


kind regards,
Lutz

_______________________________________________
Pacemaker mailing list: Pacemaker [at] oss
http://oss.clusterlabs.org/mailman/listinfo/pacemaker

Project Home: http://www.clusterlabs.org
Getting started: http://www.clusterlabs.org/doc/Cluster_from_Scratch.pdf
Bugs: http://bugs.clusterlabs.org


andreas at hastexo

May 30, 2012, 4:03 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1184 views)
Permalink
Re: pacemaker with corosync on Fedora [In reply to]

On 05/30/2012 07:07 PM, Lutz Griesbach wrote:
> Hi there,
>
>
> im trying to setup a cluster on fedora17
>
> corosync-2.0.0-1.fc17.i686
> pacemaker-1.1.7-2.fc17.i686
>
> as i understand pacemaker packages are built without heartbeat
>
> [root [at] lgr-fed17- ~]# pacemakerd --features
> Pacemaker 1.1.7-2.fc17 (Build: ee0730e13d124c3d58f00016c3376a1de5323cff)
> Supporting: generated-manpages agent-manpages ascii-docs
> publican-docs ncurses libqb-logging corosync-native
>
>
> however, when i start pacemaker i get an error:
>
> May 25 12:14:08 [22708] lgr-fed17-1 crmd: notice:
> init_quorum_connection: Quorum acquired
> May 25 12:14:08 [22708] lgr-fed17-1 crmd: info:
> do_ha_control: Connected to the cluster
> May 25 12:14:08 [22708] lgr-fed17-1 crmd: info: do_started:
> Delaying start, no membership data (0000000000100000)
> May 25 12:14:08 [22708] lgr-fed17-1 crmd: notice:
> crmd_peer_update: Status update: Client lgr-fed17-1/crmd now has
> status [online] (DC=<null>)
> May 25 12:14:08 [22708] lgr-fed17-1 crmd: info:
> pcmk_quorum_notification: Membership 0: quorum retained (0)
> May 25 12:14:08 [22708] lgr-fed17-1 crmd: error:
> check_dead_member: We're not part of the cluster anymore
> May 25 12:14:08 [22708] lgr-fed17-1 crmd: error: do_log:
> FSA: Input I_ERROR from check_dead_member() received in state
> S_STARTING
> May 25 12:14:08 [22708] lgr-fed17-1 crmd: notice:
> do_state_transition: State transition S_STARTING -> S_RECOVERY [
> input=I_ERROR cause=C_FSA_INTERNAL origin=check_dead_member ]
> May 25 12:14:08 [22708] lgr-fed17-1 crmd: error: do_recover:
> Action A_RECOVER (0000000001000000) not supported
> May 25 12:14:08 [22708] lgr-fed17-1 crmd: error: do_started:
> Start cancelled... S_RECOVERY
>
>
> i found in the list-archives, that "Action A_RECOVER
> (0000000001000000) not supported" is related to heartbeat
>
> http://oss.clusterlabs.org/pipermail/pacemaker/2011-August/011289.html
>
> but how can i configure pacemaker to work with corosync and not with heartbeat?
>
>
> Or am i missing something completely?

yes ... a quorum provider and there are no plugins anymore in Corosync
2.0 ... for two nodes you can use:

quorum {
provider: corosync_votequorum
expected_votes: 2
}

>
>
> corosync.conf:
>
> totem {
> version: 2
>
> crypto_cipher: none
> crypto_hash: none
>
> interface {
> ringnumber: 0
> bindnetaddr: 10.1.1.23
> mcastaddr: 226.94.1.1
> mcastport: 4000
> ttl: 1
> }
> }
>
>
> service.d/pacemaker
>
> {
> # Load the Pacemaker Cluster Resource Manager
> name: pacemaker
> ver: 1
> }

not needed anymore ... Pacemaker uses CPG with Corosync 2

Regards,
Andreas

--
Need help with Pacemaker?
http://www.hastexo.com/now

>
>
> kind regards,
> Lutz
>
> _______________________________________________
> Pacemaker mailing list: Pacemaker [at] oss
> http://oss.clusterlabs.org/mailman/listinfo/pacemaker
>
> Project Home: http://www.clusterlabs.org
> Getting started: http://www.clusterlabs.org/doc/Cluster_from_Scratch.pdf
> Bugs: http://bugs.clusterlabs.org
Attachments: signature.asc (0.22 KB)


lgr at elgonzo

May 31, 2012, 6:07 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1174 views)
Permalink
Re: pacemaker with corosync on Fedora [In reply to]

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 1:03 AM, Andreas Kurz <andreas [at] hastexo> wrote:
> On 05/30/2012 07:07 PM, Lutz Griesbach wrote:
>> but how can i configure pacemaker to work with corosync and not with heartbeat?
>>
>>
>> Or am i missing something completely?
>
> yes ... a quorum provider and there are no plugins anymore in Corosync
> 2.0 ... for two nodes you can use:
>
> quorum {
>           provider: corosync_votequorum
>           expected_votes: 2
> }
>
aah, this looks much better now!

>
> not needed anymore ... Pacemaker uses CPG with Corosync 2
>

Thank you Andreas!

_______________________________________________
Pacemaker mailing list: Pacemaker [at] oss
http://oss.clusterlabs.org/mailman/listinfo/pacemaker

Project Home: http://www.clusterlabs.org
Getting started: http://www.clusterlabs.org/doc/Cluster_from_Scratch.pdf
Bugs: http://bugs.clusterlabs.org

Linux-HA pacemaker RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded
 
 


Interested in having your list archived? Contact Gossamer Threads
 
  Web Applications & Managed Hosting Powered by Gossamer Threads Inc.