Mailing List Archive: Linux-HA: Pacemaker

Are there known issues of having two cluster services in the same network (pacemaker and ocfs2)?

Linux-HA pacemaker RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

parshvi.17 at gmail

Are there known issues of having two cluster services in the same network (pacemaker and ocfs2)?

Query:
Are there known issues of having two cluster services in the same network ?

Details of use case environment:
1) Ocfs2 and pacemaker being used as two cluster services in our system.
2) Ocfs2 is not configured under pacemaker. Although services configured in
pacemaker use the shared storage managed by ocfs2.
3) STONITH enabled in ocfs2. STONITH disabled in Pacemaker.
4) Same network link is being shared for corosync’s and ocfs2’s
messaging/heartbeat.

Issues observed at our end:
1) CIB (all files under /var/lib/heartbeat/crm) getting deleted/shadowed,
when the communication link between the two nodes is broken.

Bugs: http://bugs.clusterlabs.org

parshvi.17 at gmail

Re: Are there known issues of having two cluster services in the same network (pacemaker and ocfs2)? [In reply to]

Parshvi <parshvi.17@...> writes:

> Issues observed at our end:
> 1) CIB (all files under /var/lib/heartbeat/crm) getting deleted/shadowed,
> when the communication link between the two nodes is broken.

This is not always reproducible and we have observed it 3-4 times.

Re: Are there known issues of having two cluster services in the same network (pacemaker and ocfs2)? [In reply to]

Parshvi <parshvi.17@...> writes:

Issues observed at our end:
> 1) CIB (all files under /var/lib/heartbeat/crm) getting deleted/shadowed,
> when the communication link between the two nodes is broken.

This is not always reproducible and we have observed it 3-4 times.

Bugs: http://bugs.clusterlabs.org

andrew at beekhof

Re: Are there known issues of having two cluster services in the same network (pacemaker and ocfs2)? [In reply to]

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 9:54 PM, Parshvi <parshvi.17 [at] gmail> wrote:
> Parshvi <parshvi.17@...> writes:
>
>> Issues observed at our end:
>> 1) CIB (all files under /var/lib/heartbeat/crm) getting deleted/shadowed,
>> when the communication link between the two nodes is broken.
>
> This is not always reproducible and we have observed it 3-4 times.

It would be useful to have logs etc when it happens

Re: Are there known issues of having two cluster services in the same network (pacemaker and ocfs2)? [In reply to]