Mailing List Archive: Linux-HA: Pacemaker

move the DC

Linux-HA pacemaker RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

K.Roessmann at fkf

move the DC

Hi,

is there an easy way to move the DC from one
node to another - without shutting down the current DC node ?

Karl

--
Karl Rößmann Tel. +49-711-689-1657
Max-Planck-Institut FKF Fax. +49-711-689-1632

Bugs: http://bugs.clusterlabs.org

misch at clusterbau

Re: move the DC [In reply to]

> Hi,
>
> is there an easy way to move the DC from one
> node to another - without shutting down the current DC node ?
>
> Karl

Why do you want to do this. Don't you like the computer where it is running
now? The location of the DC is completely irrelevant to the cluster.

--
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff
Guardinistr. 63

Tel: (0163) 172 50 98
Attachments: signature.asc (0.19 KB)

rasto.levrinc at gmail

Re: move the DC [In reply to]

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 9:37 AM, Karl Rößmann <K.Roessmann [at] fkf> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there an easy way to move the DC from one
> node to another - without shutting down the current DC node ?

Let's assume that you have a reason to do this. You can set maintenance-mode
to true, restart the corosync/heartbeat on the DC node and any nodes you
don't want to be DC. Then set the maintenance-mode to false, when all nodes
are online again.

Rasto

--
Dipl.-Ing. Rastislav Levrinc
rasto.levrinc [at] gmail

Re: move the DC [In reply to]

Quoting Michael Schwartzkopff <misch [at] clusterbau>:

>> Hi,
>>
>> is there an easy way to move the DC from one
>> node to another - without shutting down the current DC node ?
>>
>> Karl
>
> Why do you want to do this. Don't you like the computer where it is running
> now? The location of the DC is completely irrelevant to the cluster.

I'm updating 3-node clusters node by node (SuSE recommends this way)
I thought it might be better to move the DC to the first updated node
before updating the other two nodes.

--
Karl Rößmann Tel. +49-711-689-1657
Max-Planck-Institut FKF Fax. +49-711-689-1632
Postfach 800 665
70506 Stuttgart email K.Roessmann [at] fkf
Attachments: smime.p7s (8.24 KB)

misch at clusterbau

Re: move the DC [In reply to]

> Quoting Michael Schwartzkopff <misch [at] clusterbau>:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> is there an easy way to move the DC from one
> >> node to another - without shutting down the current DC node ?
> >>
> >> Karl
> >
> > Why do you want to do this. Don't you like the computer where it is
> > running now? The location of the DC is completely irrelevant to the
> > cluster.
>
> I'm updating 3-node clusters node by node (SuSE recommends this way)
> I thought it might be better to move the DC to the first updated node
> before updating the other two nodes.

Not nescessary during the upgrade.