Mailing List Archive: Linux-HA: Pacemaker
Simpler solution than custom OCF scripts ?

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

cornuwel at gmail

Simpler solution than custom OCF scripts ?

Hi,

I'm quite new to Corosync/Pacemaker but I managed to get my cluster to work:
I have 2 nodes on CentOS5.8 (therefore Pacemaker 1.0.12 and Corosync
1.2.7) running samba-winbind-radius.
The cluster is running fine, but it only knows about one resource, the
failover IP address.

Now, I would like to go further and make the cluster aware of the
state of the above-mentionned services. Reading the documentation, I
understand that I should write OCF scripts for each of the resources
(winbind and radius) that really check that the service is delivered,
not just that the daemon is running. Then declare all these resources
and their affinities on the cluster.

Am I correct ? Or is there a simpler way ?
For example, is it possible to just tell the IPaddr2 resource to
monitor a single script and migrate if it tells it to ?
Or even the quick-and-dirtiest: run my script with cron and stop the
corosync daemon if I detect a problem ^^

What is 'the right way' ?

Thank you for your time.