Mailing List Archive: Linux-HA: Pacemaker

Does Pacemaker support a 50/50 type high-availability?

Linux-HA pacemaker RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

steven at finkiel

Jan 18, 2012, 12:10 PM

Does Pacemaker support a 50/50 type high-availability?

Does Pacemaker support an environment where half of the storage is used
for fail-over (replication of other servers) and the other half can be
used for that server, effectively allowing each and every server in the
cluster to be used in a public environment, while having them all
contribute to the high-availability of the overall setup?

Bugs: http://bugs.clusterlabs.org

steven at finkiel

Jan 19, 2012, 5:50 AM

Does Pacemaker support a 50/50 type high-availability? [In reply to]

Just to clarify, as I was exhausted last night. I'm looking to setup an
active/active cluster withOUT shared storage. I want to use local
storage only. Is that possible with Pacemaker? If not, do you know of
any software that would help me?

Bugs: http://bugs.clusterlabs.org

emi2fast at gmail

Jan 19, 2012, 5:59 AM

Re: Does Pacemaker support a 50/50 type high-availability? [In reply to]

drbd :-)

2012/1/19 <steven [at] finkiel>

> Just to clarify, as I was exhausted last night. I'm looking to setup an
> active/active cluster withOUT shared storage. I want to use local storage
> only. Is that possible with Pacemaker? If not, do you know of any software
> that would help me?

> Getting started: http://www.clusterlabs.org/**doc/Cluster_from_Scratch.pdf<http://www.clusterlabs.org/doc/Cluster_from_Scratch.pdf>
> Bugs: http://bugs.clusterlabs.org

misch at schwartzkopff

Jan 19, 2012, 6:21 AM

Re: Does Pacemaker support a 50/50 type high-availability? [In reply to]

> Just to clarify, as I was exhausted last night. I'm looking to setup an
> active/active cluster withOUT shared storage. I want to use local
> storage only. Is that possible with Pacemaker? If not, do you know of
> any software that would help me?

Yes. this setup is possible. Just do not configure shared storage.

--
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff
Guardinistr. 63

Tel: (0163) 172 50 98
Fax: (089) 620 304 13
Attachments: signature.asc (0.19 KB)

Linux-HA pacemaker RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded