Mailing List Archive: Linux-HA: Dev

agents: including LGPL license file

Linux-HA dev RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

keisuke.mori+ha at gmail

Dec 19, 2012, 9:14 PM

agents: including LGPL license file

Hi,

The resource-agents package is licensed under GPL and LGPL,
but the full copy of LGPL license file is missing
as opposed to the heartbeat and the glue packages that includes it.

Why don't we include COPYING.LGPL in the agents package too
as the verbatim copy of LGPL license for the consistency?

Keisuke MORI

dejan at suse

Dec 24, 2012, 1:53 AM

Re: agents: including LGPL license file [In reply to]

Hi Keisuke-san,

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 02:14:10PM +0900, Keisuke MORI wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The resource-agents package is licensed under GPL and LGPL,
> but the full copy of LGPL license file is missing
> as opposed to the heartbeat and the glue packages that includes it.
>
> Why don't we include COPYING.LGPL in the agents package too
> as the verbatim copy of LGPL license for the consistency?

Not really an expert in the area, but I think there's no problem
adding a copy of a license.

Cheers,

Dejan

> Thanks,
> --
> Keisuke MORI

keisuke.mori+ha at gmail

Dec 25, 2012, 9:44 PM

Re: agents: including LGPL license file [In reply to]

Hi Dejan,

2012/12/24 Dejan Muhamedagic <dejan [at] suse>:
> Hi Keisuke-san,
>
> On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 02:14:10PM +0900, Keisuke MORI wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> The resource-agents package is licensed under GPL and LGPL,
>> but the full copy of LGPL license file is missing
>> as opposed to the heartbeat and the glue packages that includes it.
>>
>> Why don't we include COPYING.LGPL in the agents package too
>> as the verbatim copy of LGPL license for the consistency?
>
> Not really an expert in the area, but I think there's no problem
> adding a copy of a license.

Thanks for your comment. I will submit a pull request for that.

There is no problem with the current package at all, but adding it
would be good to clarify which licenses we are using more precisely.

The background is that our legal division advised that there was a
'bogus' OSS project which claims as if they are using a popular OSS
license defined by OSI but actually they derived it with some
additional clauses and limitations for their benefits. Including a
verbatim copy of a license file will help for clarifying that we are a
valid OSS project.

Keisuke MORI