Mailing List Archive: Linux-HA: Dev
Re: pgsql and streaming replcation

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

matsuo.tak at gmail

Mar 13, 2012, 4:35 AM

Re: pgsql and streaming replcation [In reply to]

Hello Serge

2012/3/9 Takatoshi MATSUO <matsuo.tak [at] gmail>:
> Hello Serge
>
> 2012/3/8 Serge Dubrouski <sergeyfd [at] gmail>:
>> Hello, Takatoshi -
>>
>> On one hand this is a good feature to have, but on another if it's not
>> stable, fails most of the time and brings to much of complexity to the RA
>> then drop it.
>> It seems like Andrew has plans to include support for stopping
>> resources on demote in the future versions of Pacemaker.
>
> It's a good news.
> I will remove code of restarting for the future.
> Please accept a little complexity until future version is released.

I removed code of restarting
and I reconsider some checks of inconsistency.

In this change
PGSQL.lock file is created on promote
and it's removed on demote only if there is no Slave.
And I removed a complex check before start
such as checking Timeline ID , Checkpoint
because PGSQL.lock can means inconsistency.

I want to adopt a serious stance for merging by now.
Do you have any other comments ?
And what's the first step for merging ?

>> On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 11:43 PM, Takatoshi MATSUO <matsuo.tak [at] gmail>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Serge
>>>
>>> I think about removing code of restarting PostgreSQL on demote.
>>> Because almost restarts are failed to avoid data inconsistency.
>>> In addition this check is complex.
>>> PostgreSQL developer says that this occurrence is specific and
>>> can't be fix immediately.
>>>
>>> What do you think ?

Regartds,
Takatoshi MTSUO