Mailing List Archive: Linux-HA: Dev

Deletion of RA parameters

Linux-HA dev RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

alexander.krauth at basf

Dec 7, 2011, 3:42 AM

Deletion of RA parameters

Hi,
I searched the RA Dev Guide but did not found a question to this:
If a patch of a RA obsoletes one of the existing parameters of the RA
(OCF_RESKEY_...), how to proceed with that ? Can it just be deleted and
the cluster framework has some magic to remove the parameters also from
the CIB ? Or should the description in the meta-data of the parameter just
be set to: "This parameter is deprecated, please do not use any further" ?
To narrow the discussion a little: I'm only asking about parameters that
are NOT mandatory (required="0").
Thanks
Alex

dejan at suse

Dec 7, 2011, 4:08 AM

Re: Deletion of RA parameters [In reply to]

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 07, 2011 at 12:42:16PM +0100, alexander.krauth [at] basf wrote:
> Hi,
> I searched the RA Dev Guide but did not found a question to this:
> If a patch of a RA obsoletes one of the existing parameters of the RA
> (OCF_RESKEY_...), how to proceed with that ? Can it just be deleted and
> the cluster framework has some magic to remove the parameters also from
> the CIB ? Or should the description in the meta-data of the parameter just
> be set to: "This parameter is deprecated, please do not use any further" ?
> To narrow the discussion a little: I'm only asking about parameters that
> are NOT mandatory (required="0").

There is currently no way to specify that a parameter was
obsoleted in the OCF standard. A few times, IIRC, some parameters
were deprecated in the meta-data just like you quoted above. Even
in case a parameter disappears from the meta-data, the existing
configurations are going to continue to work, though the crm
shell will certainly complain when verifying such configuration.

Thanks,

Dejan