Mailing List Archive: Linux-HA: Dev

Re: [Openais] An OCF agent for LXC (Linux Containers) - Linux-HA-Dev Digest, Vol 89, Issue 30

Linux-HA dev RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

darrent at akurit

Re: [Openais] An OCF agent for LXC (Linux Containers) - Linux-HA-Dev Digest, Vol 89, Issue 30

Florian/TEAM

Thank you for the update.

I'll thread my remaining replies into the message :-)

On Thu, 2011-04-28 at 07:46 -0600,
linux-ha-dev-request [at] lists wrote:

> Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 11:56:30 +0200
> From: Florian Haas <florian.haas [at] linbit>
> Subject: Re: [Linux-ha-dev] [Openais] An OCF agent for LXC (Linux
> Containers)
> To: High-Availability Linux Development List
> <linux-ha-dev [at] lists>
>
> On 2011-04-28 10:21, Darren Thompson wrote:
> > Florina/TEAM
> >
> > Thanks for your input and the link to the guidelines
> >
> > I have updated my original ocf file in line with the guidlines, it
> even
> > gave me a few tips on how to do things "better" so was well worth
> the
> > time spent.
> >
> > Please find the updated ocf file for LXC contianers as a cluster
> > resource attached.
> >
> > Since I'm not an actual developer (or even a career coder)
>
> Do you think I am?

Until Today, i have had no experience whatsoever with github, so
compared to me... yes...

> > I do not have
> > the facility to host my own github fork so would appreciate
> "someone"
> > adopting this and integrating it into their git repository.
>
> OK, I have added this to a separate "lxc" branch in my own github
> fork.
> I'd appreciate if you could at least get yourself an account on github
> so you can comment on commit line notes.
>
> I have added my comments to this page:
>
> https://github.com/fghaas/resource-agents/commit/73f80b31f1cee5eff1c2fe2b968f4ea593e8f405

Yep, done.. I responded to nearly all of the you points (most of the
time to say, yep... agree).

You posted my "first attempt" and not the latest version, is it possible
to add that one as it addresses some( most hopefully) of the issues you
identified.

There are still some valid points you have raised however, So I'm going
to try to incorporate them into a "third version".

Is there some "clever way" of re-integrating all of this? (did I mention
that I'm not normally a coder).

> Some of those may have already been addresses in your updated version,
> but to keep things simple I've kept my comments to one commit for the
> time being.
>
> Florian
>
> PS: We can stop CC'ing the openais list, this is in no way
> Corosync/OpenAIS related.

Agreed, I will stop pestering that list now :-)

Darren
Attachments: face-smile.png (0.90 KB)

florian.haas at linbit

Re: [Openais] An OCF agent for LXC (Linux Containers) - Linux-HA-Dev Digest, Vol 89, Issue 30 [In reply to]

On 2011-04-29 08:04, Darren Thompson wrote:
> You posted my "first attempt" and not the latest version, is it possible
> to add that one as it addresses some( most hopefully) of the issues you
> identified.

Already there. Been there since yesterday.

https://github.com/fghaas/resource-agents/commit/07827c42494dbec2c011133d9f82e831bc8b2eb6

> There are still some valid points you have raised however, So I'm going
> to try to incorporate them into a "third version".

See how much easier this would be if you actually did this in your own
github repo that we could just pull from?

Cheers,
Florian
Attachments: signature.asc (0.26 KB)

Linux-HA dev RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded