Mailing List Archive: Linux: Kernel

Semi-repeatable hard lockup on 2.6.27-rc6

Linux kernel RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

steven at uplinklabs

Sep 10, 2008, 11:07 AM

Semi-repeatable hard lockup on 2.6.27-rc6

I've got a hard lockup problem on boot of 2.6.27-rc6. It's sporadic
though. Sometimes it locks, sometimes not. Each time it -does- lock
up, it gets to 'Waiting for uevents to be processed' and then
immediately locks up.

Any ideas?

- Steven
the body of a message to majordomo [at] vger

steven at uplinklabs

Sep 10, 2008, 2:26 PM

Re: Semi-repeatable hard lockup on 2.6.27-rc6 [In reply to]

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 11:07 AM, Steven Noonan <steven [at] uplinklabs> wrote:
> I've got a hard lockup problem on boot of 2.6.27-rc6. It's sporadic
> though. Sometimes it locks, sometimes not. Each time it -does- lock
> up, it gets to 'Waiting for uevents to be processed' and then
> immediately locks up.

This problem does -not- occur on 2.6.27-rc6-tip, though. Something's
screwy in the pristine 2.6.27-rc6 branch.

- Steven
the body of a message to majordomo [at] vger

lcapitulino at mandriva

Sep 11, 2008, 6:33 AM

Re: Semi-repeatable hard lockup on 2.6.27-rc6 [In reply to]

Em Wed, 10 Sep 2008 14:26:12 -0700
"Steven Noonan" <steven [at] uplinklabs> escreveu:

| On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 11:07 AM, Steven Noonan <steven [at] uplinklabs> wrote:
| > I've got a hard lockup problem on boot of 2.6.27-rc6. It's sporadic
| > though. Sometimes it locks, sometimes not. Each time it -does- lock
| > up, it gets to 'Waiting for uevents to be processed' and then
| > immediately locks up.
| >

| This problem does -not- occur on 2.6.27-rc6-tip, though. Something's
| screwy in the pristine 2.6.27-rc6 branch.

Can you describe the machine? Is it SMP?

The best way would be to run git bisect, but you can also try to
enable all the locking debug features under the Kernel hacking menu.

--
Luiz Fernando N. Capitulino