Mailing List Archive: Linux: Kernel, 2.6.26-git11: Is this odd NFS behaviour?

Linux kernel RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

grant_lkml at dodo

Jul 25, 2008, 12:07 AM

I'm editing a script on a box running and exported on NFS,
I'm testing the script on another two boxes, one running
and the other 2.6.26-git11.

Sometimes I save the edit file and the test boxes don't see the file
change, so I have to save the file again. I'm using vim 7.0 if it

All boxes are connected to localnet and I'm working through PuTTY
terminals on a WinXP desktop box. (Three linux boxes headless).

There were times when I saved and quit the edit file, had to reopen
it and save-quit again for the test boxes to see the changes.

nfs exports:
grant [at] deltre:~$ cat /etc/exports
# See exports(5) for a description.
# This file contains a list of all directories exported to other computers.
# It is used by rpc.nfsd and rpc.mountd.

test box:
grant [at] blac:~$ cat /etc/fstab
deltree:/home/common /home/common nfs hard,intr
deltree:/home/mirror /home/mirror nfs hard,intr

File is on the /home/common nfs rw export.
Is this something I'm doing wrong or something odd with the kernel?

config + dmesg from:

And where did the nfsd TCP option go in -git11? Does it matter?

the body of a message to majordomo [at] vger

Linux kernel RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded