Mailing List Archive: Linux: Kernel
Q: simple test to test program IOPL capability?

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

H.H.vanRiel at phys

Q: simple test to test program IOPL capability?

Hi,
while working on the Out-of-memory handling patch, I
haven't seen a way to test for IOPERM and IOPL permissions.
I've seen some black magic in arch/i386/kernel/ioport.c,
but nothing I know of as portable...
OTOH, it might be portable and look like black magic just
because of that :-)
Returning to my question: How can I test whether a process
has I/O port permission or not?
Rik.