Mailing List Archive: Linux: Kernel

linux-next: manual merge of the uprobes tree with the tip tree

Linux kernel RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

sfr at canb

Feb 26, 2012, 6:58 PM

linux-next: manual merge of the uprobes tree with the tip tree

Hi Srikar,

Today's linux-next merge of the uprobes tree got a conflicts in various
files between commits from the tip tree and commits from the uprobes tree.

It looks like a later (and different) version of the uprobes patch set has
been merged into the tip tree. So I have dropped the uprobes tree
changes for today.
Stephen Rothwell sfr [at] canb
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/

srikar at linux

Mar 13, 2012, 9:55 PM

Re: linux-next: manual merge of the uprobes tree with the tip tree [In reply to]

> The linux-next merge of the uprobes tree gets several conflicts against
> the tip tree because the same patches appear in both threes and there are
> further changes to some files in the uprobes tree.
>
> Merging uprobes/for-next (1fe509b uprobes/core: Handle breakpoint and singlestep exception.)
> CONFLICT (add/add): Merge conflict in kernel/events/uprobes.c
> CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in kernel/events/Makefile
> CONFLICT (add/add): Merge conflict in include/linux/uprobes.h
> CONFLICT (add/add): Merge conflict in arch/x86/kernel/uprobes.c
> CONFLICT (add/add): Merge conflict in arch/x86/include/asm/uprobes.h
>
> The easiest way to remove these conflicts would be for you to rebase the
> uprobes tree onto the perl/uprobes branch of the tip tree (I assume that
> all the uprobes code will eventually be merged to Linus via the tip tree)
> or a subset of that branch that is the common set of patches.

Okay, I will go with this suggestion. Infact this is actually easier for
me.

--
Thanks and Regards
Srikar