Mailing List Archive: ivtv: users

Re: Pondering if it is worth moderating these lists any more..

ivtv users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

jpreston at longlines

Re: Pondering if it is worth moderating these lists any more..

Just my two cents, but I still use and at least for the foreseeable future,
will continue to use my PVR150's. This list may still prove useful, as I
have discovered a bug with Mythbuntu 11.04 and later. I do not know if the
bug still exists, but I have a feeling that it is a deeply rooted one,
perhaps in the kernel or a kernel and driver interaction. When I was trying
to get Mythbuntu working, I received a lot of errors about buffering, but
the result was that I would have a lot of problems watching or recording
live TV. The picture would freeze, stutter, etc. I tried the Arch based
LinHES, and all my issues magically went away. It seems like the MythTV
team was trying to squash the bugs by modifying their code, but I believed
the issue was with IVTV, or the kernel or an interaction of some kind. It
does not make sense that if it was a MythTV bug, that switching to a
different distribution would make the issue go away, as I was using the same
version of MythTV.

Oh, well, that is for someone smarter than I to figure out.

My vote would be to keep the list going, but I would think that it would not
need to be checked as often.