Mailing List Archive: iptables: Devel

different bandwidth for each connection

iptables devel RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

tomas_null at yahoo

Jul 11, 2007, 2:56 AM

different bandwidth for each connection

Hi *,

I have an application which opens more TCP sockets,
what I need to do is
limit the bandwidth that each socket may consume
(possibly to
different values). I'm wondering what is the best way
to do this?

Thanks for your responses
Tomas

tomasnull at seznam

Jul 11, 2007, 3:38 AM

different bandwidth for each connection [In reply to]

Hi *,

I have an application which opens more TCP sockets,
what I need to do is
limit the bandwidth that each socket may consume
(possibly to
different values). I'm wondering what is the best way
to do this?

Thanks for your responses
Tomas

pakar at imperialnet

Jul 11, 2007, 5:16 AM

Re: different bandwidth for each connection [In reply to]

Hi Thomas,

Sounds like this is a question for the user-list and not the devel.

But here you have a packet-shaping guide. It's for gentoo, but should be
quite similar on all distributions.

http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Packet_Shaping

And if you don't want to manually write the shaper-scripts then have a
look at either shorewall, that has shaping built in, or have a look at
wondershaper.

/Patric