Mailing List Archive: iptables: Devel
Re: conntrack module development problem

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

kakadu at earthlink

Jul 29, 2001, 4:59 AM

Re: conntrack module development problem

Mr. Shore,

Well, it was worth a try ;-)

Try this: Start up tcpdump on your internal network hookup. Then
start your ICQ
client, and attempt to make a connection. IIRC, tcpdump will see the ICQ
packets BEFORE
they hit NF_IP_PRE_ROUTING. AFAIK that is the current behavior (IMBWT).
If you can see
physical ICQ packets going into your system, then your problem is the
way you initialized
the helper. Are you doing this without a firewall?

Brad

S. Shore wrote:

> On Sat, 28 Jul 2001, Brad Chapman wrote:
>
>> ret = ip_conntrack_helper_register(&icq);
>> if (ret < 0) {
>> DEBUGP("KABOOM! Aiee, I'm not in!\n"); ;-)
>> return ret;
>> }
>> DEBUGP("Ahhh, I'm in at last\n"); ;-)
>

> I tried your suggestion, but I get the same effect.
> ip_conntrack_helper_register returns a 0, no error.
>
> Actually, the existing code would have done the same, as it returns with
> the return code from ip_conntrack_helper_register.
>
> I'm open to any other suggestions.
>
> Scott <sshore [at] escape>

Subject User Time
Re: conntrack module development problem kakadu at earthlink Jul 29, 2001, 4:59 AM