pablo at netfilter
Jun 17, 2012, 5:07 AM
Post #1 of 1
[ANNOUNCE] ulogd 2.0.0 release
The Netfilter project proudly presents:
ulogd is a userspace logging daemon for netfilter/iptables related
logging. This includes per-packet logging of security violations,
per-packet logging for accounting, per-flow logging and flexible
ulogd was almost entirely written by Harald Welte, with contributions
from fellow hackers such as Pablo Neira Ayuso, Eric Leblond and Pierre
ulogd-2.x requires several libraries:
* libnfnetlink that provides basic communication infrastructure via
* libmnl that provides basic communication infrastructure via
Netlink, this library will supersede libnfnetlink. Still, we require
both libraries as we are still in transition to entirely replace
libnfnetlink by libmnl.
* libnetfilter_log for stateless packet-based logging via nfnetlink_queue.
* libnetfilter_conntrack for stateful flow-based via nf_conntrack_netlink.
* libnetfilter_acct for flexible traffic accounting via nfnetlink_acct
and iptables nfacct match (it requires Linux kernel >= 3.3.x).
This requires a Linux kernel >= 2.6.14, but Linux kernel >= 2.6.18 is
strongly recommended. Note that if you need SQL database output
suport, you will need the header files of the respective libraries.
Main features are:
* Packet and flow-based traffic accounting
* Flexible user-defined traffic accounting via nfacct infrastructure
* SQL database back-end support: SQLite3, MySQL and PostgreSQL
* Text-based output formats: CSV, XML, Netfilter's LOG, Netfilter's
This releases supersedes 1.x series. Please, upgrade to 2.x series!
See ChangeLog that comes attached to this email for more details.
You can download it from: