Mailing List Archive: Interchange: users

all folder/* pages via https?

Interchange users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

emailgrant at gmail

Jun 4, 2012, 7:10 AM

all folder/* pages via https?

My folder/ pages are protected via apache2 authentication and I'd like
all of those pages to be served as https to avoid having to
authenticate via apache2 once for http pages and again for https
pages. My UI is 100% custom so UI_SECURE doesn't work. 'AlwaysSecure
admin/*' doesn't seem to work. I could change the internal links to
[area secure=1] but I'm wondering if there's an easier way to have all
folder/ pages served via https?

- Grant

josh at perusion

Jun 5, 2012, 4:43 PM

Re: all folder/* pages via https? [In reply to]

Quoting Grant (emailgrant [at] gmail):
> My folder/ pages are protected via apache2 authentication and I'd like
> all of those pages to be served as https to avoid having to
> authenticate via apache2 once for http pages and again for https
> pages. My UI is 100% custom so UI_SECURE doesn't work. 'AlwaysSecure
> admin/*' doesn't seem to work. I could change the internal links to
> [area secure=1] but I'm wondering if there's an easier way to have all
> folder/ pages served via https?

What about a RewriteRule? Keep the http wide-open, but redirect to
https?

--
Josh Lavin
Perusion -- Expert Interchange Consulting http://www.perusion.com/

paul at gishnetwork

Jun 5, 2012, 5:22 PM

Re: all folder/* pages via https? [In reply to]

Quoting Grant (emailgrant [at] gmail):
> My folder/ pages are protected via apache2 authentication and I'd like
> all of those pages to be served as https to avoid having to
> authenticate via apache2 once for http pages and again for https
> pages. My UI is 100% custom so UI_SECURE doesn't work. 'AlwaysSecure
> admin/*' doesn't seem to work. I could change the internal links to
> [area secure=1] but I'm wondering if there's an easier way to have all
> folder/ pages served via https?

I failed to locate it, but it seems to me there was a setting you can
include that in a sense inherited the ssl state of the previous page, so, if
you are coming from an SSL page, the page you land on will be served under
SSL. I am quite certain it exists, I just can't seem to find it for you.

Or perhaps do this in your admin login or in an autoload:

[perl]
$Config->{VendURL} = $Config->{SecureURL};
1;
[/perl]

Paul

emailgrant at gmail

Jun 6, 2012, 1:21 AM

Re: all folder/* pages via https? [In reply to]

>> My folder/ pages are protected via apache2 authentication and I'd like
>> all of those pages to be served as https to avoid having to
>> authenticate via apache2 once for http pages and again for https
>> pages. My UI is 100% custom so UI_SECURE doesn't work.  'AlwaysSecure
>> admin/*' doesn't seem to work.  I could change the internal links to
>> [area secure=1] but I'm wondering if there's an easier way to have all
>> folder/ pages served via https?
>
> I failed to locate it, but it seems to me there was a setting you can
> include that in a sense inherited the ssl state of the previous page, so, if
> you are coming from an SSL page, the page you land on will be served under
> SSL. I am quite certain it exists, I just can't seem to find it for you.
>
> Or perhaps do this in your admin login or in an autoload:
>
> [perl]
> $Config->{VendURL} = $Config->{SecureURL};
> 1;
> [/perl]
>
> Paul

Thank you Paul and Josh!