Mailing List Archive: Interchange: users

"apply changes" vs. restart

Interchange users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

glenn at bnetmd

"apply changes" vs. restart

Hi there!

Is there any difference between doing "apply changes" to an individual store
vs. an interchange restart to update just that one store? We have a
customer who claims that a template change would not take effect until the
restart was done. error.log shows that he did in fact apply changes.

Glenn.

dances_with_peons at live

Jun 9, 2012, 8:36 AM

Re: "apply changes" vs. restart [In reply to]

I've seen cases where changes weren't applied til a full restart. It's been
a while, though, and IC seemed kinda inconsistent about what it wouldn't
apply changes for. I always just considered it a bug that wasn't worth
fixing. (IC restarts fast enough, the link program/module/whatever doesn't
mind waiting a few seconds for it to come back up, and I'm one of two people
that mess with the catalogs, so it isn't restarting all that often anyway.)

/

Is there any difference between doing "apply changes" to an individual store
vs. an interchange restart to update just that one store? We have a
customer who claims that a template change would not take effect until the
restart was done. error.log shows that he did in fact apply changes.

Glenn.

glenn at bnetmd

Jun 12, 2012, 12:15 PM

>> Is there any difference between doing "apply changes" to an individual
>> store
>> vs. an interchange restart to update just that one store? We have a
>> customer who claims that a template change would not take effect until
>> the
>> restart was done. error.log shows that he did in fact apply changes.
>>
>> Glenn.

Thanks for the comment. We've never had any problems until these guys and I
was just wondering if there was some corner of a catalog that doesn't get
kicked.
Then they said the catalog wasn't working at all and I found they had loaded
up a
blank catalog.cfg to see if there would be an error message on "apply
changes" and
wondering why the store wouldn't come up. Yes dear, that does hose a
catalog...
*sigh*
Joint projects are fascinating.
Glenn.