Mailing List Archive: Interchange: users

perl/jquery file manager/uploader to use with CKEditor

Interchange users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

lists at gmnet

Mar 16, 2012, 12:39 PM

perl/jquery file manager/uploader to use with CKEditor

Does anybody know of a good perl based file manager and uploader that works well
with CKEditor? I'm basically looking for a perl/jquery replacement for the php
based CKFinder. I want it to work with IC, and not go outside and use a PHP script
so I can better control security. I would like to use something that is already
out there, and not write from scratch. Any ideas?
Thanks!
Rick

bill at bottlenose-wine

Mar 16, 2012, 12:53 PM

Re: perl/jquery file manager/uploader to use with CKEditor [In reply to]

On Mar 16, 2012, at 3:39 PM, Rick Bragg wrote:

> Does anybody know of a good perl based file manager and uploader that works well
> with CKEditor? I'm basically looking for a perl/jquery replacement for the php
> based CKFinder. I want it to work with IC, and not go outside and use a PHP script
> so I can better control security. I would like to use something that is already
> out there, and not write from scratch. Any ideas?
> Thanks!
> Rick
I'm attaching a module I wrote for doing this. The Bottlenose module which is not included just has things like logging and default values. You could modify this module to provide those methods.
Attachments: CKFinder.pm (17.5 KB)

rbragg at gmnet

Mar 19, 2012, 12:39 PM

Re: perl/jquery file manager/uploader to use with CKEditor [In reply to]

> On Mar 16, 2012, at 3:39 PM, Rick Bragg wrote:
>
>> Does anybody know of a good perl based file manager and uploader that works well
>> with CKEditor? I'm basically looking for a perl/jquery replacement for the php
>> based CKFinder. I want it to work with IC, and not go outside and use a PHP
>> script
>> so I can better control security. I would like to use something that is already
>> out there, and not write from scratch. Any ideas?
>> Thanks!
>> Rick
> I'm attaching a module I wrote for doing this. The Bottlenose module which is not
> included just has things like logging and default values. You could modify this
> module to provide those methods.
>
> -Bill Carr_______________________________________________

Thanks Bill!
This is great. So far I have been using FCK and the fck_connector.am from:
ftp://www.axion-it.com/pub/fck_connector.tar.gz

I'm not sure if my client wants to use CKFinder, tinyMCE because the are both
license products. I also found elFinder at:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/elfinder/ elFinder is open source, but also does
not have a perl connector so I may use what you have as a go-by to make a perl
connector for elFinder, but it all depends on what my client wants... It seems
that CKEditor and elFinder (with a perl backend) would be a perfect open source
solution for IC (and dancer). If my client can pay me to build a perl backend for
elFinder, I will make it open and post it here.

Thanks again!
Rick