Mailing List Archive: Interchange: users

URL shortener

Interchange users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

paul at gishnetwork

Oct 9, 2011, 9:51 AM

URL shortener

We are making a URL shortening script that basically does what tinyURL and
bit.ly does. We are working out how we'll go about generating the code and
it occurred to me that maybe one of you guys have done this already. The
goal is as short as possible for as long as possible, alphanumeric, mixed
case, plus either an exclusion list or no consecutive 2 letters (to avoid
words).

We're not having a problem, I just want to make sure we've considered all
clever ideas so it can be as efficient as possible.

Thank you

Paul